So you want to get high but you’re on probation, you’re being drug tested, or you simply like trying anything that you hear can give you a pleasurable effect? I get that. But take step back from this decision for a second and allow me to review this with you real quick.
Whether it’s a JWH-018 product marketed as K2 or Spice, an MDPV, 3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone product marketed as Ivory Wave or Vanilla Sky, or any other over-the-counter flavor of the day; this stuff is usually labeled “not for human consumption” for a reason. For those that don’t know, JWH-018 is a synthetic chemical and the active ingredient in some smokeable products sold in order to mimic marijuana use, as it binds to the cannabinoid receptors 1 & 2. It is labeled as incense in stores and online. MDPV is a synthetic chemical and the active ingredient in some products sold in order to mimic cocaine and or other stimulant use. It is often labeled as bath salts in stores and online. Both are highly overpriced if they are to be used as the packaging indicates.
But back to the point.
I will give you at least 3 reasons that it carries the label “not for human consumption.”
- Because it isn’t.
- In order to sell it legally.
- In order to avoid the legal responsibility when you die from it.
Look I love Capitalism and respect the right of those providing a service or product for those seeking it, but ignorance, negligence, and irresponsibility also play roles here. I choose to focus on becoming more aware and therefore being better able to make a personal decision.
Legality does not make anything safe. We see evidence of this daily, not just with these types of products, but with the numerous amount of recalls on unsafe foods and products.
The entire marketing campaign for these drugs, and yes, they are drugs, is based on word of mouth marketing. Or better stated, what I call Street Propaganda. The polar opposite of Government Propaganda which often pushes people to believe in the marketing campaign in the first place. I find fault in both sides by the way due to the hypocrisy. But for the intent of this blog I will focus on the subject and not get too distracted. I find it sad how, when we are seeking a high, we are so hypocritical to our own belief systems. Here are three examples.
- People may use the statement at some point that “it’s legal” as an excuse to do something. But yet, when something is illegal, they use it anyway. The statement at that point changes to “it should be legal.” So in other words, trust the government and it’s agencies when it’s convenient.
- People may use the statement that “it’s natural” or “God made.” O.k you are correct. But when you then use a synthetic and chemical copy of that drug, then what? The statement changes to “if they would let me smoke pot” or “because I get drug tested.” So in other words, you don’t really care about natural or God made plants, you simply want to get high and are willing to compromise your own belief system to do so.
- People get into trouble with the legal system for drug or alcohol related reasons, get sent through a series of court ordered sanctions, then say “it’s all about the money.” But for some reason forget that the alcohol, tobacco, drug, and even over-the-counter copy cat industries, are truly ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. You pimp out your health willingly then become frustrated, distrustful, and close minded when you are being helped. How much CASH did you spend to get into the mess you’re in? Some of you have even paid with selling possessions you once valued or stole from someone close to you. I don’t know any bars, drug dealers, or stores that sell this stuff that take your insurance. You can use it for pharmaceuticals but that’s another bag of BS that requires it’s own blog entirely.
And lastly, how much research have you done on the substance you are using, substance abuse, and addiction? Seriously? And I am not talking about the Street Propaganda research. I mean real, valid, and true research. It amazes me how little people know about addiction, yet are very knowledgable about active ingredients. Just compare how much time you have spent looking up drugs, how to get them, and how to better take them, in relation to what your own genetic/health risk factors are. Being the humans we are, we often feel very arrogant, and in control of any and all products we use. We feel that we will know when it’s dangerous or getting out of hand. However, we are our own test study, research lab rat, and who is logging the results? We don’t like the feedback that we get from loved ones, true friends, and obvious losses or lack of interests, so we ignore those results. Therefore, we skew the outcome by only focusing on the things that support our desired outcome. That makes your research and study invalid people. Also, we often compare the substance we use to others we consider more harmful. Again, in an effort to validate the use. For example, I don’t hear many people comparing things that are smoked to oxygen, which in this case Oxygen would be the true control for a study, not another drug like alcohol or heroin. Remember studies require a control. A control being a standard in which other conditions, such as in this case smoking or drinking, can be compared in a scientific experiment. And none of us have a parallel life that we can see how it is WITH our substance and WITHOUT our substance. Therefore all of our results are biased and we often only see what we want to see.
All I am saying is to take a real good look at this. Speak to some recovering addicts about some of your interests. If you wanted to get into practicing law, wouldn’t it be wise to speak to an attorney or school advisor on the subject before dedicating so much time to it? Well, before becoming a professional substance user, ask those that have lived through it, and/or are professionally trained in it. Makes sense doesn’t it?
Anyway, that’s enough for now on this subject, sorry for it being so long. I leave you with this: If you are thirsty- drink water. If you want to inhale something- try air. And if you want some beans- add the rice. Adios amigos. Lui…..aka..tDD.
P.S. I am totally responsible for the following urban myth: If you smoke pot on the regular you can get a high 10 times more than that of resin by gathering up your earwax or mucus and smoking it. Since marijuana is fat soluble and unable to be flushed out by our water system, it bleeds out slowly in things like our mucus and earwax. So you can smoke either and get a serious high.
I actually started this fake myth in my first year of private practice (1993) in order to prove how gullible newbies and young drug users are. My clients went out and tested this and found that they could easily find at least one to try it. To my knowledge you cannot die from it so I think I am safe with just messing with those heads. But maybe just to be on the safe side I should say this- Boogers and Earwax are not intended for Human Consumption. There, I’m protected. Bye again.